Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nov 23

Yesterday the day dawned crisp and clear
and a crescent moon rose an hour before the sun.
During the run to the dump and the grocery store I was tickled to see someone with a presumed plan to install Bruce wood floors.  It was a juvenile trigger to see my name in multiples, one of the reasons I drank JB scotch in college.  And why in medical training I tromped up to introduce myself and shake hands with the famous Seattle cardiologist who invented the exercise treadmill protocol used today, the Bruce protocol.
With some measure of chutzpah, I said to him, "Just in case you receive any of my mail, I wanted you to know who to send it to."
Today, with less braggadocio, we are perfectly on the edge of snow and rain.  We have cancelled our attendance at the airport breakfast, have no plans to drive anywhere, and will likely sit in our chairs and shop online.

No comments:

Post a Comment