Thursday, August 25, 2011

Christmas in August

Sitting in Judgment
The planned hike of the southern approach to Mt. Willey, 4285', is postponed due to predicted thunderstorms, getting up late, and general malaise.  One of those anxiety dreams woke me.  I dreamed I was about to miss a scheduled international flight.  I was distracted with directing the movement of an old piston airplane through a narrow pine gateway for an old farmer.  We'd already made two attempts.  My phone didn't work properly, so my traveling partners couldn't notify me of the late hour.  It didn't stop them from boarding the flight without me.  They were already in the foreign country of Indiana.
So, missed hike today.
Maybe it's a good day, like that endless day of Sisyphus, for moving boulders into the breach in preparation for the hurricane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment