Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dec 26

It was the neighbor's table decorated so beautifully on Christmas for ham, turkey, and pot roast. Our ham was hot dogs, our turkey was gobbling, our pot roast was lasagne.

Our neighbor had 13 for dinner plus those who came for dessert later. She raided her husband's sock drawer to protect the floor from all the heaviness pushing away from the table. She needn't have worried. Nobody pushed away. We all fell asleep at the table after dinner and dessert, overcome by tryptophan and whipped cream on tiramasu.
And hence I'm late this morning for blogging and weight watchers and after-Christmas sales.

3 comments:

  1. Cool idea about the socks on the chair legs. :)

    Thought I'd beat Tom to this and say that I don't think you need to put 'and' in front of hence. LOL He probably would say that more creatively, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my world of the "helpful" wife.
    Such a lovely table set.
    What I appreciate is the use of folding chairs.
    Shows a lack of snooty pretension. (If pretension needs no snooty in front of it, I apologize to you grammatically correct GC'ers.)
    Anyway, I know how well our family suffers the pretentious, so would never assume you would sup with any who suffer the condition.
    Good neighbors are worth their weight in tiramisu (which by the way you misspelled...hee-hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, too bad these comments can't be edited by the poster, I'd change 'creatively' to 'snarkily'. :x

    ReplyDelete