Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dirty With Money

Every year the fishbowl fills up with coins from pockets, purses, couches, coin returns in the laundromats, concrete floors of parking lots.  It is with great pleasure that I guess how much is there, then count and roll the coins.  I become like Dire Straits' Wild West End ...conductress on the number nineteen/ She was a honey/ Pink toenails and hands all dirty with money.
This year there's enough to buy a new coffee maker since the old one now requires descaling every week, and groans with every request for a cuppa.  I'm off to the bank, pleased at my good fortune, ready to shake dirty hands with the teller.

3 comments:

  1. While I like those song lyrics, and how cool that you can buy a new coffeemaker with those coins, I will say that I gave up the counting and rolling years ago and now just take a container of coins to the bank and let them do the work. We won't go into the time when I put a ziploc bag of coins into that can at the drive through bank.... :x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, most banks have a coin counter machine, but not our local bank. And Jim always asks if I checked for wheat pennies. Found two in this latest batch! Was the "can" at your drive through one of those pneumatic tubes? If so,you probably didn't do it any favors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was one of those pneumatic tubes, LOL and it was sweet how nice the teller was... :x

    ReplyDelete