Sunday, June 26, 2011

Jun 26

The NYC pics were reviewed; so much fun in such a short time.  My flight arrived after the planned Statue of Liberty ferry departure, so I asked my Seattle friends on the ferry to get me a green sponge Liberty crown while I waited for them on land in Battery Park.
They were kind and generous enough to bring me this most meaningful souvenir.

Yesterday at the Strawberry Festival,
the rain did not deter those
intent on shortcake or cheesecake.
Today I am baking cakes as an experiment to see if they'll hold up in the backpack.  The first is an orange/lemon pound cake.  Next will be a blueberry cake.  And third, a chocolate sauerkraut cake.

1 comment:

  1. Lady Liberty is a cyclops?
    Chocolate sauerkraut...har-dee-har...that is the oldest trick-the-children scam in the parenting book.

    ReplyDelete