Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jun 29

The Pleasant Mountain backpack-shakedown-after-repair succeeded more than anticipated.  Thirty pounds this time, hauled up 1500 feet in 100 minutes.  No injuries, no blisters, no insect bites, no shirt fraying.  It was a hazy view at the top with one other hiker stranger wearing a black jogbra and sporting a very pale abdomen.  That and multiple belly button piercings.  She wished me a good day and ran off down the hill.  I lingered to take photos and drink the remainder of the water.
Jim asked why didn't I just cut the loops off the part of the velcro that stuck to my shirts.  A man of simple solutions.

2 comments:

  1. Jim and I are one on this. That was my first thought. The other was you need sewing practice for the San Juan hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batting practice or skipping practice, but not sewing practice.

    ReplyDelete