Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jun 28

Yesterday I did something that pleased me to no end.
For years my backpacking shirts have come away from their trips worn and frayed on the back shoulders. There are wide Velcro strips that help to keep the shoulder straps of my pack in place.  But the pack fits best with about 2 inches of Velcro showing, and they rub on the the shoulders.  Last year was aggravating enough to stuff hankies under the straps.
Well, yesterday I cut the Velcro strips loose from their binding, and handsewed them about 2 inches further up the straps.  And today I will climb Pleasant Mtn without feeling like a puppet, strung from the shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. When you have something relatively innocuous to aggravate you, it takes your mind off of the real pain. Sometimes it's good to be the puppet.

    ReplyDelete